Murdoch Mysteries season 13 is a Canadian based series that was premiered on 20 January 2008; and now days airing again on TV. The series is inspired by Detective Murdoch novels written by Maureen Jennings. Yannick Bisson is acting as fictional William Murdoch; a police detective working in Toronto; Ontario in the late 19th and 20th centuries. However; The series was titled The Artful Detective on TV in the United States until season 12 then has retrogressed to the original title.
Murdoch Uses Scientific Techniques:
William Murdoch is a detective who solves crimes by using scientific techniques such as fingerprints and blood reports at Station House Four. Murdoch has the assistance of Constable George Crabtree (by Jonny Harris), city Doctor Julia Ogden (by Helene Joy), and Inspector Thomas Brackenreid (by Thomas Craig); the series is by R.B. Carney, Cal Coons, and Alexandra Zarowny and produced by Shaftesbury Films.
Three Concluding Episodes of 13th Season:
Till 18th March 2020; two hundred and four episodes of the series broadcasted; with three special episodes concluding the 13th season. Murdoch Mysteries season 13 renewed and started on 25th March 2019; having eighteen episodes. Series 200th episode celebrated in this season with Lisa Norton as Emma Goldman, John Tench as Alexander Graham Bell, Dmitry Chepovetsky as Nicholas Telsa, David Storch as Thomas Edison, and Peter Stebbings as James Pendrick. Colm Feore has a guest appearance in this season as George’s long lost father.
Yannick Bisson Returned to Control Director’s Chair:
Yannick Bisson directs one of season 13 episodes while the other episodes directed by Peter Mitchell, Gary Harvey, Harvey Crossland, Mars Horodyski, Mina Shum, Sherren Lee, and Craig David Wallace. Murdoch Mysteries season 13 episodes wrote by Paul Aitken, Mitchell, Noelle Girard, Simon McNabb, Maureen Jennings, Mary Pedersen, and Dan Trotta.
TV Film Season 13 main plot and other tidbits (2019-2020):
- Marc Senior; A Gourmet Detective Mystery include in Station House team as a special constable.
- Patrick McKenna comes back as Hamish Slorach.
- From August 2019 to November 2019 Murdoch mysteries season 13 were back on the location of Toronto.
- On August 27; Shaftesbury came back to Port Hope for out-door scenes in the Walton and Queen Street areas. Port Hope’s heritage and Cobourg scenes were really helpful to capture past seasons. Stratford was also really helpful for such past seasons; a part of the shooting has happened on Wellington Street and Market Square then it returned to Northumberland County.
- Thomas Brackenreid’s daughter writes to her father with hope.
- Detective Murdoch has kept a close eye on Ms. Hart but is doubtful about her motives. He is not willing to praise her; for her work in the City Morgue.
- Murdoch mysteries season 13 film in Cobourg before filming in Port Hope On September 17 and 18.
- On 30th September series returned to Kingston at Springer Market Square at 8:30 a.m. just for two scenes. The first 50 people at the “Fan Viewing Area” will get wristbands and they will be able to take a photo with Bisson and Joy after filming from 10:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- On October 30 the series returned to Cobourg for 3rd time in the Victorian Hall area having 80 actors and 26 production trucks.
- Its filming resumes in Toronto until mid-November.
- Kingston Penitentiary would appear in coming episodes which would air in February 2020.
- Staring Blindly into the Future with stellar cast Nikola Tesla and Marie Curie is the 200th episode of Murdoch mysteries season 13.
Series Got Best Photography, Best Make-up, and Best Hair Awards:
On 17th February 2020, Murdoch Mysteries earned three nominations i.e. Best Photography in Drama, Best Achievement in Make-up, Best Achievement in Hair was given to Yuri Yakubiw, Dedi Drennan, and Shirley Bond respectively by the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television. On 8th May 2020, the series got the 2020 Aurora Award Ballot for Best Visual Presentation. Canadian Science Fiction and Fantasy Association nominated this award by its members. Murdoch Mysteries was given the Canadian Screen Award as the most-watched drama based on TV ratings.