Hockey is <i>the Canadian game</i> as the country takes the most pride in it. Among sports lovers, Hockey gets the spotlight and plenty of emotional investment every year. With every league, especially the NHL, punters get the opportunity to bet on their favorite teams. While experienced bettors can do this hands down, rookies in betting may find it somewhat confusing. Stay with us to discover top sports betting platforms that have some of the best sport betting apps in Canada.
Getting the Best Hockey Odds
The very first thing to do to get competitive hockey odds in Canada is to check the most reputable bookies online. With so many betting sites, this might not be so easy but there exist a few sites where you can have it all: a wide variety of markets, great odds, and even free bet bonuses. Some of these bookies are:
Betting on hockey at Betway is quite an experience and here’s why. The site is a world-class supplier and a betting site of choice in the UK, with over 30 other sports available other than hockey. If you’re yet to join the house, you can grab a matchup bonus worth up to $200 after your first minimum deposit. This can be wagered on the NHL either pre-match or in-play via a PC or a mobile device. Some of the most common markets you’ll find include Total Goals, Money Line, Puck Line, and Win/Draw/Win.
2. 888 Sports
The 888 casino brand is quite popular as a gaming website for thousands of online casino games. However, what some Canucks ignore is that there’s a dedicated sports betting site too. At 888 Sports, punters are welcomed with a $30 free bet offer after placing their first $10 bet. This gives way to a sportsbook with 30+ sports disciplines including hockey. If you go for its NHL bet builder and place a bet of $25, you are awarded a $5 free bet bonus. A few markets to wager on include the Puck Line, Player Goals, Player Assists, and Power Play Points. For more gambling flexibility, you can download the 888 Sports app for use on your Android or Apple mobile.
TonyBet is yet another top betting site for hockey and over 33 other sports disciplines. When you sign up for a betting account, you can get a deposit bonus of up to $350 as a first-time player. This can be spent on numerous markets some of which include Double Chance, Handicap, Draw no Bet, Correct Score, and Over/under. TonyBet offers you round-the-clock betting, by letting you access its platform via a PC or a mobile device. You can also opt for its mobile betting app which can be downloaded via the app link provided on the platform.
Betiton competes with the top-ranked sports betting platforms in Canada with more than 40 different sports including Futsal, Tennis, Snooker, and of course hockey. As a new member at Betiton, you can get up to $10 in free bets after betting $15. Should you decide to use this offer on hockey, a few bets you can place are Both Teams to Score, 1×2, Overtime – Yes/No, and Away No Bet.
While you head for any of the bonuses here mentioned, we would like to remind you that wagering requirements apply. These will often be found under the corresponding t&cs section of each offer. If you find these offers worth your while, let’s talk about where to get even more betting bonuses.
How to find the Best Betting Sites
Finding trustworthy online betting sites is quite easy when you refer to betting affiliates like Casimoose.ca. This affiliate has a team of experts constantly on the hunt to bring you the latest betting offers. Aside from reviews, you can also find betting tips and predictions at casimoose. In the meantime, here’s what you stand to gain by gambling at sites recommended by casimoose.ca.
- Licensing and safety: reviewed bookies hold a valid license to operate issued by a reputable regulatory body like the KGC, UKGC, or MGA. In addition, some undergo frequent independent testing to ensure unbiased outcomes.
- Safe payment methods: Canucks can expect to deposit funds rapidly and safely via several methods including Interac, PayPal, Skrill, Visa, Mastercard, and Neteller.
- Betting bonuses: these have become common perks given to players at almost every online betting platform. This is particularly valid for new players, enabling them to get deposit bonuses and free bets.
- Customer service: by ensuring that customer service is available, affiliates uncover the various channels for getting assistance. This is often via email and live chat.
- Competitive odds: bookies mainly offer pre-game and live bets in hockey. This makes it possible for you to take advantage of updated odds at different times before each game comes to an end.
Types of Odds
Typically, you’ll find the decimal, fractional, and American odd formats. In some cases, you’ll also find Hong Kong odds, Indonesian odds, or Malaysian odds. However, for our Canadian punters, the most preferred and common format is the decimal odd system. The winning odds for the underdog are always greater than that of the favorite. For each bet you place, you can simply multiply the amount staked by the corresponding odd to know how much you stand to win if the bet pulls through.
Another popular format is the American odd system where the values are displayed with the (+) or (-) signs before them. It’s the preferred format in the US and considering the proximity between the US and Canada, you can come across it too at Canadian online betting sites. Whichever odds format you choose, you will get the same result: you only need to understand what each market represents.
Best Hockey Betting Markets
Betting on hockey online brings a wider range of markets than are available at land-based betting houses. For each bet type, you can follow what your guts tell you or combine your guessing skills with what stats say about each team. Some of the most popular markets to bet on include:
- Money line: this is probably the easiest outcome to bet on. It is a bet on the team that will win the game after the full-time is played.
- Puck Line: this bet is a goal spread where the outcome is based on a 1.5 spread. Where it reads +1.5, your selected team must win the game by over two goals at least for the bet to be successful.
- Total goals: as the name indicates, you’re predicting the number of goals that will be scored by both teams combined.
- Over/Under: this bet type lets you predict a maximum or minimum limit for the number of goals that will be scored in an encounter. It is quite popular in hockey and most other collective sports.