The much-awaited festival of love and bond, Raksha Bandhan is just around the corner. A few days from now, brothers and sisters across the country will be seen celebrating their relationship of love and trust over beautiful rakhis and mouth-watering sweets. And, we are sure; you must have ordered a beautiful rakhi and cool rakhi gift for your brother by now.
If you still haven’t ordered a rakhi for your brother, then straightway head to an online rakhi platform providing an exclusive collection of Kundan rakhis, silver rakhis, cartoon rakhis, beads rakhi and delivery services in your area, i.e. Kolkata. Make an online rakhi delivery in Kolkata at your doorstep to avoid any hassle and inconvenience.
Once, you are done with your rakhi shopping for your brother, the next step is to plan the post-Raksha Bandhan activities. Yes, Raksha Bandhan rituals and traditions are performed in the morning, meaning you have a whole day left for fun.
It is the best opportunity for you to strengthen your bond with your brother on a deeper level. Here are some of the post-celebration activities that you both can indulge in for fun and frolic.
- Plant a Tree: Plant seeds of happiness, success, and love. It will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature ~ Steve Maraboli. Taking inspiration from these words of wisdom, plant seeds in your garden. Either you can buy seeds or the better option is to go for plantable rakhis coming with seeds. After the rituals, you and your brother can sow seeds, nurture them, and watch it grow into a beautiful plant; just like your beautiful relationship. This Raksha Bandhan, nourish your relationship naturally.
- Movie Marathon: Bollywood and Hollywood have given us several hits based on brother-sister relationships. Hum Saath Saath Hain, Frozen, Dil Dhadakne Do, The Parent Trap are a few movies that beautifully portrays the myriad hues of sibling relationships. So, what’s better than a movie marathon to celebrate the many facets of your relationship with your brother? Grab some snacks and beverages, and you both are good to go.
- Play Games: Every festival is a chance for you and your brother to have a gala time, Raksha Bandhan is no different. But, this year, instead of the old video games, play games that are more interesting and bring you closer to each other. After all, the brother-sister connection is the focal point of this festival. Play Games like who is more likely to do what? How much do you know your siblings? Tell each other’s favourites, etc. This activity will make you discover a lot of things about each other in a good way.
- Make Gifts For Each Other: Exchange of gifts is a Raksha Bandhan ritual. Why not handicraft something for each other with love? Even if you have bought gifts for each other, a handmade greeting card or any token won’t harm. So, after the Raksha Bandhan rituals, make something for each other. Even an imperfect token will be treasured deeply by your sibling because it is made with love and care, just for them.
- Take a Walk Down the Memory Lane: Dust off the old albums and go through all the beautiful memories that you have made on Raksha Bandhan all through these years. Those cute adorable photographs of you tying rakhi to your brother with tiny hands, and his funny pictures of mouth stuffed with sweets. This will be a nostalgic moment for both of you and make you feel more connected.
After celebrating Raksha Bandhan with each other, celebrate your love and companionship with these ideas. Indulge in these activities for better bonding and understanding.