UFC: Conor McGregor avoids jail with guilty plea
The Irish professional mixed martial artist Conor McGregor has pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in a deal with prosecutors to avoid jail time.
In a report of BBC, it is said McGregor had confronted many Criminal complaints stemming from an altercation in April with other fighters.
As part of his deal, he is required to undergo anger management treatment. The plea will not affect his US work visa.
In a statement outside the New York City courthouse, the 30-year-old thanked the judge and prosecutors “for allowing me to move forward”.
Statement from Conor McGregor after his guilty plea. pic.twitter.com/WqtJ4gVYmc
— Ryan Gerbosi (@RyanGerbosi) July 26, 2018
Out of the New York City courthouse in a statement, McGregor thanked the judge and prosecutors “for allowing me to move forward”.
He will also be required to fulfill five days of community service and, in exchange, will be cleared of criminal charges.
McGregor had been facing 12 criminal charges related to the incident at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center on 5 April.
The charges against McGregor had included menacing, assault resulting in injury, reckless endangerment and criminal mischief.
The most serious charges carried a maximum sentence of seven years.
In a two-sentence statement outside the courthouse, he said: “I just want to say I’m thankful to the DA [District Attorney] and the judge for allowing me to move forward.”
Read also: Conor McGregor Real Net Worth 2018