NEWS

Bayern announces the arrival of Lucas Hernandez for next season

Bayern announces the arrival of Lucas Hernandez for next season

Bayern Munich said on Wednesday it added defender Lucas Hernandez, who will arrive at the club from next season from Atletico Madrid with a five-year contract in an $80 million deal.

The 23-year-old defender, world champion last year with France, had long been Bayern’s goal. “I am very happy that we have been able to add one of the best defenders in the world… Lucas can play as a center back and as a left-back,” said Bayern Sports Director Hasan Salihamidzic.

Hernandez will undergo surgery later on Wednesday, the club said, because medical tests revealed damage to the ligaments in his right knee.

“Lucas Hernandez will be ready for the start of the 2019/20 season,” said club doctor Wilhelm Mueller-Wohlfahrt.

The player was happy to move to the German cast.

“This is the most difficult and important decision I have had to make in my sports career. Atletico means a lot to me because this is where I grew up as a footballer… It has been difficult for me to say no to Atletico, but my decision is to take on a new challenge at Bayern Munich, “Hernández said in a statement.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button